[librecat-dev] LDAP, Logging and more

Arash Samadi samadi at sub.uni-goettingen.de
Tue Aug 9 12:14:14 CEST 2016

Hi,

allright, thank you for the feed back. Here is what I have done:

1. I've changed the settings in log4perl.conf like this:

log4perl.category.LibreCat::Auth=DEBUG,LOGFILE
log4perl.category.LibreCat::FileStore=DEBUG,LOGFILE
log4perl.category.LibreCat::Worker=DEBUG,LOGFILE

log4perl.appender.LOGFILE=Log::Log4perl::Appender::File
log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.filename=/srv/LibreCat/logs/librecat.log
log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.mode=append
log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.layout=PatternLayout
log4perl.appender.LOGFILE.layout.ConversionPattern=%d [%P] - %c[%L] : %m%n

Still, the only log what I get is something after the successful login
and nothing more! I would like to know how to change that?

2. I thought of something, shouldn't I add the LDAP authentication to
the 'uers:' section in 'catmandu.local.yml' as well? And if so, how
exactly should I do that? Is something like this correct?

- host: ug-sub-s1.sub.uni-goettingen.de
   username_attr: cn

3. I've tried using 'bin/authentication_admin.pl' as well. I only get
one usage syntax message:

usage: bin/authentication_admin.pl [--package=MODULE] [[--param=...]]
login at bin/authentication_admin.pl line 44.

So, I've tried something like this:

$ bin/authentication_admin.pl --package=LibreCat::Auth::LDAP --param
host=ug-sub-s1.sub.uni-goettingen.de base=**** password=***
auth_base=cn=%s,ou=Benutzer,dc=sub,dc=uni-goettingen,dc=de

Well, I get another error saying the auth_base is missing! Any ideas?

Cheers,
A.

PS> BTW, in new build you've removed 'Catmandu::CrossRef'. As per
Péter's suggestion we can remove it from 'cpanfile', but don't we need
it anymore?

On 09.08.2016 08:30, Patrick Hochstenbach wrote:

Still in vacation here. But you can use a command line tool to test the
authentication setup:

​

 $ bin/authentication_admin.pl

There are very many options when doing a LDAP authentication. Every
institution can have local variations. If the code doesn't provide a
stack trace, then the code is ok, but the authentication handshakes
don't provide the desired results.

With the authentical_admin you have at least a Perl program you can run
through a debugger and see which step doesn't provide the desired
result. We based the code on what Bielefeld or Ghent University does
with LDAP (both use a somewhat different strategy).

Cheers and till later

Patrick