[librecat-dev] string operations, defining functions in Catmandu

Patrick Hochstenbach Patrick.Hochstenbach at UGent.be
Sat Jul 1 12:58:32 CEST 2017

>> 1) Is it possible to also "copy" indicator values (from 100 field)? How would you do this?
>> 2) Is it possible to make a copy of a MARC field (within the record)?

With Fix you can do anything you want with JSON. A MARC record is just a 'record' key in a JSON document which contains an ARRAY of ARRAY values. All the fixes copy_field, move_field, etc etc can operate on each type of JSON document. A copy of a MARC field could be implemented with something like:

# Copy the 100 field to 400
do list(path:record, var:c)
  if all_match(c.0,100)
   copy_field(c,copy.$append)
   replace_all(copy.$end.0,100,400)
  end
end

move_field(copy.*,record.$append)
remove_field(copy)

This is ARRAY processing without knowing this ARRAY is MARC. What Catmandu::MARC does is hiding a lot of this array processing and provide a much simpler MARCPath and MARCSpec syntax. Alas, the marc_copy_field is not something implemented yet in this easier syntax, but I've made a ticket for that: https://github.com/LibreCat/Catmandu-MARC/issues/76

?3) marc_add

The marc_add could be used to add data to a new MARC record ..but I see this option doesn't work anymore. Also for this I created a ticket: https://github.com/LibreCat/Catmandu-MARC/issues/77