[librecat-dev] marc_rename

Schihin Oliver Oliver.Schihin at zhbluzern.ch
Thu Jul 20 10:46:09 CEST 2017

Hi

Is there an easy way to rename MARC subfield codes (not values) according to a regex condition? I am sure someone has an easy trick I just can't find.

Case: Due to ALEPH internals, subfields holding identifiers are $1, not $0 as in the standard. I should change these in a conversion (MARC to MARC).

Idea:
```
marc_cut(...1,tmp,equal:'regexthatmatchesidentifiers')
rename(tmp, '1', '0')
marc_paste(tmp)
```
Downside is the positioning of the pasting, even with the at: parameter.

Ideal would be a fix like 'marc_rename' that allows for a selection with a regex.

Thanks for hints
Oliver