[librecat-dev] how to setup an instance of librecat UI

Patrick Hochstenbach Patrick.Hochstenbach at UGent.be
Tue Oct 31 16:14:33 CET 2017

Hello Tommaso

On the LibreCat wiki https://github.com/LibreCat/LibreCat/wiki you’ll find detailed instructions how to install install the system on a Linux server. Currently only
CentOS 6 installations are supported. The installation of LibreCat will provide you with an web based institutional repository like on demo.librecat.org plus
all Catmandu command line tools (and more).

The LibreCat web catalog is a seperate project from the Catmandu command line tools. Of course, in the LibreCat project many tools use Catmandu in the background.
The LibreCat is more taylored to one type of workflow (managing publications). Catmandu on itself is more generic and can process any type structured data.

BR

Patrick