[librecat-dev] LibreCat version 1.1.3 has been released

Patrick Hochstenbach Patrick.Hochstenbach at UGent.be
Fri Apr 13 09:37:12 CEST 2018

We release 1.1.3 of the LibreCat repository software:

https://github.com/LibreCat/LibreCat/releases/tag/1.1.3

Thanks to all contributors for the new code and patches:

    - Vitali Peil

    - Matthias Feldotto

    - Michael Lass

    - Petra Kohorst

    - Nicolas Steenlant

    - Nicolas Franck?

Please find below a list of the main changes:

    - Improving the livecitation tests
    - Improving test coverage
    - Fixing layout problems
    - Fixing broken marked records
    - Fixing javascript embed
    - Fixing closed files access for data owner
    - Fixing deleting first author bug
    - Improving BibText output
    - Switching external importer from http to https versions
    - Adding external urls as Download (ext) link in short view
    - Adding 'index_<...>' fixes to be run at indexation time
    - Creating faster response times for Authors page (requiring an indexation cron job)
    - Adding audit (--log) functionality to the file_store commands
    - Adding SSO functionality
    - Adding pluggable Helper modules (look at catmandu.local.yml-example and t/layer/lib/MyHelperPlugin.pm for an example)

When upgrading to 1.1.3 it is important to add a new indexation script for authors to cronjobs. This

will provide a fast publication count on the authors page. See 'etc/librecat.crond' for an example.

In the next days/weeks we will merge some large pull requests into the 'dev' branch of LibreCat which could

create some volatile behaviour. For now all the tests run ok, but we don't have a 100% coverage of the codebase yet.

Cheers

Patrick