[librecat-dev] queue failing to start or stop

Nicolas Franck Nicolas.Franck at UGent.be
Tue Dec 18 13:10:41 CET 2018

I see this all the time.

Can only be fixed by deleting the pid files

On 18 Dec 2018, at 13:07, Jonathan NORRIS <jnorris at ist.ac.at<mailto:jnorris at ist.ac.at>> wrote:

Hello,

I am having an issue with starting or stopping a queue using bin/librecat queue start/stop.

If I try to start a queue I receive this message:

/var/storage/librecat# bin/librecat queue start
Starting mailer...Can't use an undefined value as a subroutine reference at /var/storage/librecat/local/lib/perl5/Proc/Launcher.pm line 834.
OK
Starting datacite...Can't use an undefined value as a subroutine reference at /var/storage/librecat/local/lib/perl5/Proc/Launcher.pm line 834.
OK

The status shows nothing started up:

Server version: 1.0.6
Workers:
| fd | ip        | id | functions |
|----|-----------|----|-----------|
| 32 | 127.0.0.1 | -  |           |
| datacite | 0      | 0    | 0    | 0       |
| mailer   | 0      | 0    | 0    | 0       |

I can starting them manually with the workers command like so:

/var/storage/librecat# bin/librecat worker datacite start --workers 2 --supervise
LAUNCHED CHILD PROCESS: pid=7889 log=logs/librecat-cmd-worker-datacite.supervisor.log
starting daemon: librecat-cmd-worker-datacite.1
LAUNCHED CHILD PROCESS: pid=7890 log=logs/librecat-cmd-worker-datacite.1.log
starting daemon: librecat-cmd-worker-datacite.2
LAUNCHED CHILD PROCESS: pid=7891 log=logs/librecat-cmd-worker-datacite.2.log

The status says they are up:

Server version: 1.0.6
Workers:
| fd | ip        | id | functions |
|----|-----------|----|-----------|
| 33 | 127.0.0.1 | -  | datacite  |
| 34 | 127.0.0.1 | -  |           |
| 32 | 127.0.0.1 | -  | datacite  |
| datacite | 0      | 0    | 2    | 2       |
| mailer   | 0      | 0    | 0    | 0       |

Then I try to stop with the queue command:

/var/storage/librecat# bin/librecat queue stop
Stopping datacite...Can't use an undefined value as a subroutine reference at /var/storage/librecat/local/lib/perl5/Proc/Launcher.pm line 834.
OK
Stopping mailer...Can't use an undefined value as a subroutine reference at /var/storage/librecat/local/lib/perl5/Proc/Launcher.pm line 834.
OK

The status says they are still up:

Server version: 1.0.6
Workers:
| fd | ip        | id | functions |
|----|-----------|----|-----------|
| 34 | 127.0.0.1 | -  |           |
| 33 | 127.0.0.1 | -  | datacite  |
| 32 | 127.0.0.1 | -  | datacite  |
| datacite | 0      | 0    | 2    | 2       |
| mailer   | 0      | 0    | 0    | 0       |

Here is where it is failing in Launcher.pm:

sub read_log {
    my ( $self, $subref ) = @_;

    my $name = $self->daemon_name;

    while ( my $line=$self->file_tail->read ) {
        chomp $line;
        $subref->( "$name: $line" );   <----------- line 834
    }

    return 1;
}

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks,
Jonathan Norris
IST Austria