[librecat-dev] MARC conversion map sharing

Patrick Hochstenbach Patrick.Hochstenbach at UGent.be
Sat Jul 1 13:20:43 CEST 2017

That is an excellent idea! I've create a GitHub repo at:

https://github.com/LibreCat/MARC-Conversion-Examples

When I'm back at my office I'll add some of our stuff. But feel free to do a pull request and add your own code.
From: librecat-dev-bounces at lists.uni-bielefeld.de <librecat-dev-bounces at lists.uni-bielefeld.de> on behalf of "Dan Michael O. Heggø" <d.m.heggo at ub.uio.no>
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 3:18 PM
To: librecat-dev at lists.uni-bielefeld.de
Subject: [librecat-dev] MARC conversion map sharing

Hi,

I wonder if someone would be willing to share their MARC conversion
rules? I've started on a map myself and borrowed quite a bit from

https://github.com/LibreCat/Catmandu/wiki/Example%20Fix%20Script

so far, but there is much more to cover, for instance creating a human
readable material type from LDR + 007.. something like this:

https://github.com/scriptotek/simplemarcparser/blob/master/src/BibliographicRecord.php#L52-L386

To a certain extent, the map will have to be optimized for the
application, but I'm sure there's still a lot to learn from what others
have done before.

Dan Michael